10 Anxiety Busters
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. It is a chemical that helps maintain your brain’s healthy function, and asparagus is a good source of it. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.